A zingy oriental duck salad that is easy to cook and prepare. Makes a fantastic alternative to more traditional duck dishes. (Serves 4)
Step By Step Instructions
- Pre-heat the oven to 180oC, Fan 160oC, Gas Mark 4.
- Score the fat on each duck breast and season well, place the duck breasts skin side down into a large frying pan, and place on a medium heat (without oil) and cook for about 8 minutes until the fat has rendered out and the skin has gone golden brown and crispy.
- Turn the duck breasts over briefly to seal the flesh side, and then transfer to a roasting dish and place in the oven for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by adding the fish sauce, lime juice, garlic, chilli and sugar to a small pan and placing over a medium heat stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Leave the duck breasts to rest for 5-10 minutes before carving. Arrange the lettuce, shallots, spring onions, cucumber, celery and peppers onto 4 plates. Lay a carved duck breast on top of each salad and drizzle with the dressing. If using, scatter the roasted peanuts over the plate.