- 1 Gressingham duck breast (skin removed)
- 125 g mixed leaves
- 4 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- Seeds of half a pomegranate
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
For the dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoons stokes mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and finely diced)
- Place the saffron threads in a medium size bowl. Boil the kettle and pour approx a table spoon of the hot water over the saffron. Set aside and allow saffron to infuse for 10 mins. In a separate bowl whisk together the lemon, mayonnaise and the garlic. Slowly whisk in the saffron water until blended. Set aside.
- Take the duck breast fillet and with a sharp knife carefully cut the fillet in half horizontally so that you have 2 flat fillets. Rub a little oil on both sides of each fillet. Place a frying pan onto a high heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When the pan starts to smoke carefully place the duck fillets in and season lightly with salt. Cook for 4 minute and with tongs turn the fillets over, lightly season and cook for another 4 minutes . Remove the pan from the heat and leave in a warm place while you assemble the salad.
- Place the mixed leaves and the pomegranates into a bowl with 1 table spoon oil . Mix together and then divide the salad onto 2 plates. Put the cherry tomato halves on to and around the salad .
- Take the duck fillets and carve into 3 or 4 pieces and put on top of the leaves. Pour over any juices from the pan.
- Take the saffron mayonnaise and with a dessert spoon heavily drizzle this over the duck fillets.