- 4 Gressingham duck breasts
- 4 medium size raw beetroots
- 1 small butternut squash
- 1 head of garlic, cut in two
- 1 bag washed baby spinach
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 10g unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 180°C, 160oC Fan, Gas Mark 4
- Peel the squash then remove the seeds and cut into wedges. Place in an oven proof dish and add the thyme, the garlic, 2 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper and cook until tender (around 30 minutes).
- While the squash is cooking boil the beetroot in a pan until tender. Drain and when cold peel the skin and cut into quarters, then place in an oven proof dish with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper, and bake for 10 mins
- While the beetroot and squash is cooking prepare and cook the duck breasts by following our step by step guide.
- Remove the beetroot and butternut squash from the oven and add to it the spinach. Divide all of the vegetables on to 4 plates, slice the duck lengthways and place on the vegetables, pour the juices on the cutting board over the top of each breast.