- 2 Gressingham duck breasts
- 200g fries or chips
- Bunch fresh watercress
- Pre heat oven to 200°C, Fan 180°C, Gas Mark 6
- Score the skin on each duck breast and pat dry with absorbent paper. Season the meat and skin with salt and place into a frying pan skin side down on a low to medium heat with no oil.
- Cook for approx 6- 8 mins until the skin is a golden crispy brown. Pour off any excess oil as you cook.
- Flip the duck breast over and seal for 30 seconds.
- Transfer the breasts to a baking tray and place in the oven for another 6 mins. Then remove from the oven and leave in a warm place to rest for 10 minutes.
- When you are ready to eat, carve a few slices and serve with fries, watercress and maybe some creamy mayonnaise.