- 1 duck breast
- pack of 16 blinis
- 2 beetroots, cooked
- tub creme fraiche
- 12 chive leaves, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- Place the beetroots in a blender and blitz to a smooth puree, remove from the blender and fold through the creme fraiche, seasoning and chopped chives
- Finely score the fat on the duck breast, salt the fat and place in a pan on a low heat, slowly render the fat until the skin is crisp, then cook in the oven at 180C for approx 8 mins for a pink duck breast, remove from the oven and leave to rest for 4 mins.
- Slice the duck breast crossways into 16 thin slices.
- Warm the blinis through, place a slice of duck breast on top of each and top with the beetroot creme fruit and enjoy!