Duck & Berry Sauce recipe
Go grain free with this nourishing combination of slow roasted duck leg, paleo berry sauce and greens. This nutritionist-designed dish is dense in nutrients whilst remaining low carb. Created for us by the Wholefood Warrior, Eva Humphries.
- 2 duck legs
- 300g frozen berry mix (blackberries, black and red currants are ideal)
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red chilli (deseeded), sliced
- 1” piece of ginger, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- leaves from 2 sprigs of thyme
- Green vegetables of your choice to serve
- Little gem lettuce
- To cook the duck legs, preheat the oven 180 degrees C, put the duck legs in an ovenproof dish and cook for 90 minutes.
- To make the sauce, put all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the liquid to a saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
- To serve, put a dollop of sauce on a plate, place the roasted duck leg on top and serve with steamed green vegetable (asparagus, broccoli, green beans, courgette and little gem lettuce)