- 5 Large white potatoes
- 1 Whole Gressingham Duck
- Salt & pepper
- Vegetables of your choice
- Pre-heat oven to 220oc, Fan 200oc, Gas Mark 7.
- Slice white potatoes with a mandolin.
- Line the bottom of a baking dish with the potatoes to the depth of 1 to 2 cm, sprinkle with salt.
- Cover the potatoes with foil and pierce the foil with a fork.
- Place a whole duck on top of the foil (after removing giblets). Roast in oven according to on-pack instructions - 20 minutes per 500g, plus 20 minutes extra.
- When cooked remove the duck and let the meat rest. Remove the layer of foil, drain (& preserve) the fat.
- Put potatoes back in oven on high to brown.
- Match the meat with vegetables of your choice.