Jenny Paulin is a popular blogger at Mummy Mishaps. Jenny, has two young children but used to own a little cafe in a small market town in North Devon. We invited Jenny to be this months guest blogger. Her recipe uses a crispy aromatic duck in an inventive way, its perfect for impromptu entertaining, especially mid-week! (Serves 2)
Step By Step Instructions
- Cook the aromatic duck as per the instructions on the carton
- Cook the noodles as per the instructions on the packet, drain and put to one side
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a wok and stir fry the spring onions, carrots (keep 1/2 back for later) and peppers and the garlic until 'just' cooked - you want them to have some bite still
- Add the cooked noodles and the jar of hoisin sauce and stir to mix everything together
- Using a silicone muffin tin if you have one (or a regular one greased well), divide the noodle mixture between the 6 holes and ensure the veg is added too, mixed in with the noodles and on the top
- Cook in the oven with the duck - the nests take about 15 minutes so place them in the oven when the duck is 10 minutes away from being cooked.
- Make your salad, by placing the lettuce leaves, the cucumber and the carrot sticks into a bowl. Slice some orange slices in half and add to the salad
- Remove the duck when it is cooked, and shred - discard the skin if you are being healthy or keep it if not to serve alongside your nests.
- Pour the remaining hoisin sauce into a small bowl
- Remove the noodle nests from the oven and carefully remove from the muffin tin
- Serve your duck with a nest or two and some salad with some hoisin sauce on the side.