- 1 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 50g butter
- 5 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 1 glass red wine
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 1 eating apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 50g blackberries
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Place all ingredients into a large saucepan and bring to the boil on a medium heat
- Mix well and leave to simmer for approx 60-75 minutes, stirring occasionally. If it is looking too dry during cooking, add in a little more wine or water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.