Boozy Sauce for Duck recipe
A delicious and daring boozy blackberry and port sauce, that works perfectly with well-seasoned duck, sautéed potatoes, curly kale and sticky shallots.
- 350ml of port
- 2 teaspoons of white sugar
- 1 punnet of blackberries
- 400ml of chicken stock or water
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 50g butter
- 1 teaspoon of corn flour (mixed with a little water to form a paste)
- 1 star anise
- Pour the port into a sauce pan, heat until the liquid is reduced by half (this will take 10 - 15 minutes).
- Add in the stock or water, the blackberries, vinegar, star anise, sugar and reduce by 2/3 (this will take around 15 minutes).
- Pass through a sieve into another pan, stir in the corn flour, season and simmer for a few minutes until the mixture thickens. Mix in the butter and serve with the cooked duck breasts.