- 1 Whole Gressingham Duck
- Salt and ground pepper
- 500ml can of beer
- Pat the skin of the duck with kitchen roll to absorb any excess moisture
- Score the skin of the whole duck and season with salt and ground pepper inside and outside of the duck
- Take a 500ml can of beer and empty out (drink!) two thirds on the content. Pierce another two holes in the top of the can.
- Sit the duck on top of the can, it should sit all the way down on the can. Place in a deep drip pan
- Prepare your BBQ for cooking on an indirect medium heat
- Place the duck in the tray on the grate and close the lid (if possible). Cook for around 2 hours until the temperate of the thickest part of the thigh and leg reaches 70oC.