Caroline Taylor is an exciting food blogger and blogs at 'All That I'm Eating'. The blog focuses on inventive recipes and food that is not humdrum.
Caroline has created a stunning recipe for an Asian inspired duck breast wrap recipe.
Step By Step Instructions
- Get the table laid then as you prepare each of the salad items above you can take them straight to the table. Slice and chop the salad items however you like.
- You can serve the sesame seeds as they come but if you give them a quick toast in a dry frying pan until they are lightly golden it really brings out the flavour.
- You can have as many sauces as you like, the above are a suggestion.
- When you’re ready to cook the duck, lightly slice into the fat (not quite going down to the meat) of the two duck breasts in a criss-cross pattern and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Get a frying pan onto a medium-high heat and lay the duck breasts in skin side down. Leave the duck breasts like this for around 6-8 minutes. Use tongs to sear either side of the duck and remove from the hea.
- Place the duck breasts skin side up on a rack in a roasting tin in the middle of the oven. Rare - 10 minutes, Medium - 15 minutes, Well Done - 18 minutes.
- At the same time and add a little oil to another frying pan on a medium-high heat. Add the mini fillets and fry, stirring often until browned and almost crispy around the edges.
- Add the sweet chilli sauce to the mini-fillets and carry on cooking until the sauce has thickened and coated all the duck with a nice glaze.
- Remove the duck breast from the oven and rest.
- Slice the duck breast thinly then take to the table with the sticky chilli duck.
- Dig in!