Our roast in the bag duck crown is a simply clever idea. The film bag locks in all of the juices and flavour of the Gressingham Duck so the end result is a tender, succulent duck with a rich gamey flavour.
Preparation & Usage
If cooking in the ovenable bag follow these instructions...
Preheat your oven to 200ºC, Fan 180ºC, Gas Mark 6
- Place the duck crown (in ovenable bag and tray) onto a baking tray (for ease of movement) and cook in the middle of the oven, avoiding direct contact with open flame or heating element, for the time stated on the front of pack.
- 30 minutes before the end of the cooking time remove from the oven and cut along the indicated marks on the front of pack to expose the duck crown. Be careful when cutting the bag as steam will escape and be hot.
- Return to the oven for the remaining 30 minutes cook time.
- Rest for 10-20 minutes before carefully lifting from the ovenable bag and tray and carve.
- Take care when removing the duck crown from the oven as there will be some juices within the foil tray and packaging.
- Carefully remove from packaging and carve.
If cooking without the ovenable bag follow these instructions...
Preheat your oven to 200ºC, Fan 180ºC, Gas Mark 6 and remove all packaging
- Place the duck crown on a wire rack in a roasting tin, prick the skin all over and season.
- Place on the middle oven shelf and cook for 50 minutes per 1kg.
- Rest the crown for 10-20 minutes, carve and enjoy.
All cooking appliances vary in performance, these are guidelines only.
|Typical values||Per 100g||Per serving|
|of which Saturates||4.1g||6.2g|
|of which Sugars||<0.5g||<0.5g|
Dine in tonight with our delicious, easy to cook, Bistro range.