Step By Step Instructions
We show you how to cook a duck leg..
Pre-heat your oven to 180°C, Fan 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
Pat the skin of the duck leg with a kitchen towel to remove excess moisture.
Prick the skin of the leg all over.
Season with salt and pepper.
Place on a roasting tray and cook in the middle of the oven for 90 minutes. During cooking, baste several times.
When the duck is cooked cover with foil and rest for 10 minutes.
- You can easily make duck crackling by cutting the skin into thin strips and frying until crisp. Use this on salads or as part of your favourite duck recipe.
- Save the fat from your roast duck to use for making delicious crispy potatoes.
- It is very important to rest your duck before serving; this equilibrates the temperature and spreads the moisture around.
- To get a crispy skin on your duck legs prick the skin with a fork or cocktail stick and season with salt before cooking.
- Cook the duck legs following the on pack instructions and then score the skin and meat on both sides. Brush clear honey on the legs and then grill skin side up for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle the legs with ground black pepper and then add another coat of honey and finish off skin side up in the grill until skin is crispy. Bon Appetite