Retail Assistant Manager at Redgrave, Diss
Retail Assistant Manager
About the Role
- To maintain smooth and cost effective operations in your department
- To maintain the highest quality standards and to meet customers expectations regarding those standards
- To maximize yield and minimise waste
- To ensure your department conforms to current hygiene requirements
- To ensure your department conforms to current health and safety requirement
As an assistant manager you will be expected to:
- Motivate and supervise Line Leaders and production operatives in order to achieve required production volumes at specified quality and minimum cost.
- Regular Production planning, rostering and scheduling.
- Planning and control of hours according to the budget figures (including sick leave, holiday, temporary employment etc).
- Planning required agency numbers for each week
- Production efficiency monitoring with the use of SIC boards and KPI information
- Ensure hygiene and housekeeping standards are maintained, throughout your department.
- Monitor labour costs for all operational areas against standards and identify opportunities for improvement. Implement identified opportunities.
- Ensure consistent flow of production data for KPI reports and in conjunction with Production Manager
- Constantly review production methods and systems within the department, in order to improve efficiency
- Monitor waste levels and take appropriate measures to correct causes of waste
- Set up department machinery each day to maximise its effectiveness.
- Liaise with Personnel Manager/Training Officer in order to develop and deliver effective training programmes that will provide appropriate levels of multi-skilling and identify individuals who have the potential for advancement.
- In conjunction with the Technical Team and PC’s ensure that all production control procedures are maintained to the standards required by the company, customers and FSA
- Any other manual or management duties relating to food production as the company may reasonably require.
- Supervise the Health & Safety function and awareness in your department
- Challenging if you see quality being compromised, whether on own line or others
- Coaching and nurturing
- Taking a risk
- Embracing change
- recognising the potential in others, giving opportunities,
- To take responsibility, to take ownership.
- To identify what is in your control and what options available and recommend a solution.
- Technical understanding of product specs and machinery, procedures,
- Organisation skills, forward planning and thinking, problem resolution, time management,
Job Type: Day shift
Hours: 06:00am – 16:30pm Monday to Friday – Extra hours to be worked over the Christmas Period
Reporting: Retail Manager
If you are interested in this role, please contact HR@Gressinghamfoods.co.uk