FULL TIME BREEDER SITE FARM WORKER – AKENHAM, SUFFOLK
JOB TITLE: Breeder Site Farm worker
REPORTING TO: Site manager
OVERALL AIM OF THE JOB: To produce eggs of the best quality as efficiently as possible.
KEY TASKS WITHIN THE JOB:
• To maintain and improve the high a welfare standards as possible.
• To assist with achieving target levels of egg production and fertility, as efficiently as possible.
• To work to a high health and safety standard.
• Produce all records required in order to provide accurate, up-to-date information.
• Monitor and report any required repairs to buildings and machinery to the appropriate people, ensuring the site operates efficiently and safely.
• Liaise regularly with Line Manager, and communicate with site staff and colleagues as appropriate, regarding successes and problems to ensure the consistent flow of information.
• Carry out evening checks of the site, when required
. To maintain and improve where possible the health & hygiene standards.
• Monitor stock control of farm supplies and report any shortage of supplies to the site manager.
• Maintain all aspects of company policy on site (as per the Company Handbook)
• Responsible for maintaining the health and welfare of the ducks on site.
• To work with staff in a positive, professional manner, ensuring they are motivated, informed and working as efficiently as possible.
• To carry out any other tasks relating to poultry farming as the company may reasonably require.
Job Type: Day shift
Hours per week: 39 hrs per week.
Working Times: Monday to Thursday from 6am till 2pm, Friday’s from 6am till 1pm.
Every other weekend, Saturday and Sunday from 6am till 11am.
Monday to Friday hours paid at £11 per hour up to 39 hours per week.
Saturday and Sunday Hours and overtime worked over 39 hours, Monday to Friday paid at £14.66 per hour.
Due to the nature of the work sometimes the shifts can run over a Poultry welfare has to be a priority.
To apply for the role please email your cv to email@example.com