Trainee Farm Assistant Manager – Debach, Woodbridge
Trainee Farm Assistant Manager
1. Job Purpose
To ensure the highest level of bird welfare standards and bio security are maintained. To deliver production in line with the company plan, whilst ensuring a high-quality product is produced to sustain the Gressingham brand.
2. Key Result Areas
• To ensure a high-quality product, reared within welfare requirements into the factory. To comply with customer requirements.
• To ensure birds are produced with low mortalities, good FCR and accurate weights.
• To compile detailed records of crop performance.
• To maintain suitable levels of feed, straw, gas, chemicals, supplements to allow good production.
• To complete an NVQ level 3 in poultry production.
3. Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• A good knowledge of bird rearing principals (stockmanship). To include detailed knowledge of health, welfare, nutrition, health and safety etc.
• A drive to improve the site and bird performance by innovations in rearing techniques.
• To be able to manage staff so that they work to the best of their abilities.
• Good knowledge of health and safety protocol and a proactive approach to near miss/accident reporting.
• An excellent attitude towards developing themselves through learning knowledge and skills.
4. KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Internal – All colleagues at all levels.
External – Suppliers at all levels
– Customers at all levels
Hours: Mon to Thursday 7.30am-4pm
Approx. 3 hrs either sat or sun each week
Salary: £9.50 per hour+ £40 attendance bonus
Training program of progression will be put in place.
Reporting: Farm Manager
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.