Warehouse Operative – Redgrave
JOB TITLE: Warehouse Operative
REPORTING TO: Dry Goods Warehouse Manager
OVERALL AIM: To control stock levels of all supplies for the use in the factory and workshop, ensuring there are always adequate supplies available for use. To check and sign for all deliveries and ensure all documents are promptly returned to the purchasing office.
1. Ensure stock levels of products are maintained at minimum stock levels ensuring no out of stock situations occur.
2. Ensure the rotation of stock.
3. All goods in stores must be segregated and identified.
4. Stores areas to be kept clean and tidy at all times ensuring all pedestrian routes and fire exits are kept clear.
5. To receive all goods inwards and unload vans and lorries either manually or by fork lift.
6. Ensure that any goods that have been delivered are stored before the end of each day.
7. To ensure all deliveries are checked against the delivery notes and signed for and documents returned to the purchasing office promptly.
8. Responsible for the controlled issue of personal protective equipment. Ensuring that no new issues are made except on return of damaged or worn out equipment. P.P.E forms to be completed for issue of any personal items apart from items issued daily.
9. Ensure all items in store are stored safely.
10. Responsible for the safety of other personnel who may be required from time to time work in the stores areas.
11. Liaise with Managers & Supervisors regarding regular requirements for each department ensuring prompt daily issues.
12. Undertake any other reasonable request made by management to ensure the efficient running of the factory processing.
Skills, Attributes and Basic Terms of employment
• Good communicator
• Able to do manual handling
• Computer literate
• Forklift licence and experience
• Strong personality to deal with staff / suppliers
• Good attention to detail
Job Type: AM and PM shift
Hours: 06:00am – 14:30pm (Monday to Friday) or 14:30pm – 23:00pm (Monday to Friday)
Salary: £10.00 per hour + £50 Attendance bonus (based on attendance if full week is worked)
Reporting: Line Leader
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.