Slaughter / EV Manager – Redgrave site (and Debach site for Christmas)
JOB TITLE: Slaughter / EV Manager
• Lead, coach and develop staff to ensure capability to deliver current and future business objectives and encourage flexibility and cross functional skills, instilling a ‘fix it right first time’ attitude
• Support the team in the implementation of new initiatives whilst driving best practice
• Managing the environment of your team to contribute to success, with ownership by all employees within the business, through delivered and organised training
• Drive continuous improvement initiatives and manage performance
• Drive a positive inclusive working culture, ensuring all employee relations and people processes are managed appropriately
• Key focus on yield improvement, giveaway reduction, waste reduction – monitor and take
Skills, qualifications and experience:
• Proven experience of working as a Production Manager / Manufacturing Manager / Operations Manager in a food manufacturing facility
• Meat processing / slaughter experience preferred
• Experience of high volume production with tight deadlines and demanding customers
• Strong people management skills, a natural leader
• Experience of managing costs
• Experience of quality, health and safety
• High level of competency with production metrics and measurements eg yield
• Experience of dealing with mutli-national, multi-cultural workforce
• Own transport essential
Shift pattern: mon – Fri 06:00 – 14:30 or 14:30 – 23:00 (excluding Christmas production)
• Competitive salary
• 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays)
• Competitive contributory pension
As part of the Gressingham team you will have the opportunity to take part in our training programme delivered through an external partnership with a training provider. This training will not only support your current position but aims to improve and build on aspects of a future career with the Company.
We have a discounted staff shop, where you can purchase products produced in the Company at a greatly reduced cost. All staff have access to this.
We are a family business established in Suffolk in 1971 based in Redgrave with a reputation for exceptional product, innovation and industry leading animal welfare standards. Our facilities combine traditional British butchery technique with some of the best technological prowess in the food sector.
A committed team of over 300 staff oversee the whole process: from procuring the best possible livestock from our carefully picked group of farms, through butchery, retail packaging and despatch before it finally arrives on the supermarket shelf or as part of the restaurant dining experience.
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.