RDC/Dispatch Operative – Redgrave
REPORTING TO: Dispatch Assistant Manager/s
OVERALL AIM OF THE JOB: To ensure all products are successfully and efficiently picked and dispatched on time. Working together with other dispatch staff in a constructive manner as safely and effectively as possible.
1. Liaise with Dispatch Management team regarding daily orders.
2. Ensure orders are picked accurately, on time and are correctly documented.
3. Check products are correctly dated.
4. Check products are at correct temperature.
5. Check that quality of the products, to be dispatched, meet the required standard. Report any problems regarding quality of any product to Dispatch Assistant Manager.
6. Ensure all chill and cold stores are clean and tidy throughout the day.
7. Maintain all aspects of company policy (as per the Company Handbook).
8. To work with all staff and customers in a positive, professional manner.
9. Carry out daily inspections on Fork lift, Powered Pallet truck & Pivot steer Trucks, in accordance with the latest regulations for loading and unloading deliveries.
10. Comply at all times with safe systems of work and working procedures, follow company Health & Safety policies.
11. Any other duties required connected with poultry processing.
Hours: 4 days on 4 days off mixed shifts
6 days per week during the Company’s Christmas Production Period.
Extra hours worked will be paid at overtime rates.
Salary: From £9.35 per hour (probation period)
From £9.80 per hour (after completion of probation)
Requirements: Forklift and pallet truck licence.
• Staff Shop
• Subsidized Canteen Facility
• PTS training
As part of the Gressingham team you will have the opportunity to take part in our training programme delivered through an external partnership with a training provider. This training will not only support your current position, but aims to improve and build on aspects of a future career with the Company.
We have a discounted staff shop, where you can purchase products produced in the Company at a greatly reduced cost. All staff have access to this.
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.