Gressingham Foods are looking for a Full-time Production Planner to join their team at the Redgrave facility to assist in the smooth planning of their production/livestock requirements covering all aspects from Farm to Fork.
Ideally experienced in slaughter planning/meat processing and meat packing production processes you will be responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination of sales, forecasts, meat stocks and production capacities to achieve a production plan that achieves and maintains agreed stock levels.
Core hours: 14:30 – 23:30 Monday-Friday, Saturday am on a rotational basis. This role will include alternative working hours on occasion to cover department holidays.
Holiday entitlement: 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays.
Competitive salary and package.
- Produce and issue a daily production plan targeting 100% service level to our customers.
- Produce and maintain a 2-week rolling production plan.
- Report variances to forecast to relevant demand planner and/or Commercial sales team.
- Daily control of stock levels, inclusive of WIP & packed stocks.
- Daily liaison with production to ensure full understanding of and adherence to plans.
- Input into weekly production meetings with relevant factory personnel to discuss following weeks plans and future promo activity and all relevant AOB
- Maintain and update as necessary production run rates within all relevant production plans and systems.
- Effective use of current systems and files identifying development and improvement opportunities.
- Effective and efficient use of meat considering cost, demand and availability.
- Highlighting and resolving any issues with excess stock or meat.
- Updating KPI reports, and any other daily reports as necessary.
- Liaison with other areas of the business to ensure materials are available in good time to achieve plans.
- Multi skilled in all planning roles creating a cross functional team.
- Produce month end stocks for the Accounts department.
- Experience of FMCG product planning.
- Understanding of OTIF & zero waste principles
- Experience of processing FMCG retail customer forecasts.
- Experience of product Yields/Distribution curves etc.
- Numerate and analytical
- Good IT Skills (EXCEL in particular)
- Good communicator (Written/Spoken English)
- Flexible & proactive
- Well organised and able to work as part of a team.
- Display a willingness to take on additional responsibilities and demonstrate drive to improve personal and team performance.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Demonstrate understanding of others needs and expectations.
- Professionally manage workload and conflicting priorities.
To apply for the role please email your cv to email@example.com or contact HR on 01473 734230
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.