New Product Development Technologist
Gressingham Foods are the UK’s leading duck supplier, founded in 1971 with the Head Office in Debach, the company has grown and expanded to areas across Suffolk, Norfolk and Essex. Gressingham are looking to expand their New Product Development team and have an exciting opportunity for a New Product Development Technologist.
The role is based at our Redgrave site in Norfolk and will be to assist the NPD team to provide support for Sales, Technical and Production departments during all stages of development from concept to launch.
This role is office based 40 hrs per week 08:30 – 17:00pm (30 minute lunch break)
The salary range is £23,000.00 – £25,000.00 dependent on experience
- Day to day maintenance of NPD development process and administration of NPD paperwork.
- Making up of samples, recipes and repeat products for internal presentations, sample requests and customer presentations.
- Development of new product cooking instructions
- Concept recipe development work, either to a brief or as ‘blue sky’ development.
- Maintenance of kitchen and work areas in a hygienic, tidy, and organised manner.
- Assistance with organisation of, and assistance with factory trials.
- Co-ordination of nutritional and shelf-life samples from new product trials.
- Involvement in packaging development in line with product, customer, and production requirements.
- Liaising with factory teams for meat requirements and agreeing specs
- Support in organising upcoming new ingredients required from a variety of suppliers
- Good working knowledge of factory processes and procedures to enable all developments to be in line with existing procedures would be extremely beneficial
- Experience and confidence when assisting with or leading customer presentations on or off site.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Retailers project launch procedure gates/paths processes.
- Good communication skills across all internal and external stakeholders, ensuring good relationships with all levels of the business, suppliers, and customers.
- Work in a fast paced ever changing environment with many customers.
- Able to translate internal or external briefs to supply base to get the best results in a timely manner.
- Full drivers license required
- A creative Foodie with an open approach to new ideas, innovation, processes, and concepts.
- Polite, professional, Self-motivated, personable & effective communicator.
- A varied approach to all teams depending on what is required to ensure work is performed with the minimum of disruption to other departments.
- Good organisation skills to enable many projects to be maintained simultaneously.
- Patient and supportive to other team members and stakeholders.
- Team player, digs in when in busy times for project / task success.
To apply for the role please email your cv to email@example.com or contact HR on 01473 734230
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.