Line Leader – Redgrave
About the Role
- To maintain smooth and cost-effective operations in your department
- To maintain the highest quality standards and to meet customers’ expectations regarding those standards
- To maximize yield and minimise waste
- To ensure your department conforms to current hygiene requirements
- To ensure your department conforms to current health and safety requirements
Main tasks and responsibilities
As Line Leader you will be expected to:
- Motivate and supervise team of operatives in order to achieve required production volumes at specified quality and minimum cost.
- Production efficiency monitoring with the use of SIC boards and KPI information
- Ensure hygiene and housekeeping standards are maintained, throughout your department.
- Monitor labour costs for all operational areas against standards and identify opportunities for improvement. Implement identified opportunities.
- Ensure consistent flow of production data for KPI reports and in conjunction with Production Manager
- Constantly review production methods and systems within the department, in order to improve efficiency
- Monitor waste levels and take appropriate measures to correct causes of waste
- Set up department machinery each day to maximise its effectiveness.
- Liaise with Personnel Manager/Training Officer in order to develop and deliver effective training programmes that will provide appropriate levels of multi-skilling and identify individuals who have the potential for advancement.
- In conjunction with the Technical Team and PC’s ensure that all production control procedures are maintained to the standards required by the company, customers and FSA
- Any other manual or management duties relating to food production as the company may reasonably require.
- Supervise the Health & Safety function and awareness in your department
- Challenging if you see quality being compromised, whether on own line or others
- Coaching and nurturing
- Taking a risk
- Embracing change
- recognising the potential in others, giving opportunities,
- To take responsibility, to take ownership.
- To identify what is in your control and what options available and recommend a solution.
- Technical understanding of product specs and machinery, procedures,
- Organisation skills, forward planning and thinking, problem resolution, time management,.
Job Type: AM and PM shift
Hours: 06:00am – 14:30pm (Monday to Friday)
14:30pm – 23:00pm (Monday to Friday)
Salary: £10.25 per hour (probation period)
£11.25 per hour (after completion of probation)
Reporting: Production Manager
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.