Line Leader – Based at our Redgrave site
About the Role
• To maintain smooth and cost effective operations in your department
• To maintain the highest quality standards and to meet customers expectations regarding those standards
• To maximize yield and minimise waste
• To ensure your department conforms to current hygiene requirements
• To ensure your department conforms to current health and safety requirements
Main tasks and responsibilities
As Line Leader you will be expected to:
1. Motivate and supervise team of operatives in order to achieve required production volumes at specified quality and minimum cost.
2. Production efficiency monitoring with the use of SIC boards and KPI information
3. Ensure hygiene and housekeeping standards are maintained, throughout your department.
4. Monitor labour costs for all operational areas against standards and identify opportunities for improvement. Implement identified opportunities.
5. Ensure consistent flow of production data for KPI reports and in conjunction with Production Manager
6. Constantly review production methods and systems within the department, in order to improve efficiency
7. Monitor waste levels and take appropriate measures to correct causes of waste
8. Set up department machinery each day to maximise its effectiveness.
9. Liaise with Personnel Manager/Training Officer in order to develop and deliver effective training programmes that will provide appropriate levels of multi-skilling and identify individuals who have the potential for advancement.
10. In conjunction with the Technical Team and PC’s ensure that all production control procedures are maintained to the standards required by the company, customers and FSA
11. Any other manual or management duties relating to food production as the company may reasonably require.
12. Supervise the Health & Safety function and awareness in your department
a) Challenging if you see quality being compromised, whether on own line or others
b) Coaching and nurturing
c) Taking a risk
d) Embracing change
e) recognising the potential in others, giving opportunities,
f) To take responsibility, to take ownership.
g) To identify what is in your control and what options available and recommend a solution.
h) Technical understanding of product specs and machinery, procedures,
i) Organisation skills, forward planning and thinking, problem resolution, time management.
Job Type: Day shift
Hours: 07:00am – 17:45pm (4 days on 1 day off)
Salary: £10.95 per hour (probation period)
£11.25 per hour (after completion of probation)
Reporting: Production Manager
Closing date 21st February 2020
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.