Health and Safety Manager
Gressingham Foods Ltd is seeking a Health and Safety Manager to be responsible for overseeing the health and safety performance of the factories to ensure compliance, sustainability and continual improvement.
Reporting To:- Group Senior Risk Advisor
- To ensure all new staff including agency workers complete a full company induction.
- Develop and maintain task and area specific risk assessments.
- Keep up to date all current SSOW in factory units and SOP on Farms (developing and delivering any new ones as required).
- Monitor & record all accidents.
- Investigate all accidents, identifying all root causes and avoidance measures.
- To ensure all relevant staff have continual health surveillance assessments, support the roll-out of assessments with HR representative.
- Education and training.
- Development of Safety Reps.
- Support the security of our sites.
- Contractor control.
- Work effectively with production management.
- Keep up to date with changes to Health & Safety legislation.
- Keeping good channels of communication with H.S.E
- Assist with the behavioural safety journey.
- Attention to detail
- Engage and work with regulators and stakeholders.
- Able to prioritise and manage work load.
- Effective report writing.
- Strong Team Working Skills – It is expected that as part of the Group Senior Risk Advisor’s team you will support your Health & Safety colleagues when business need dictates.
- Ability to Multi-Task.
- A recognised NEBOSH or similar health & safety qualification. At least two years practical working experience within a health & safety role.
If you are interested in applying for this position please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jacqui Holden or Isabel Underdown on 01473 734259.
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.