Hatchery Operative – Tuddenham St Martin, Suffolk
JOB TITLE: Hatchery Operative
Pay Rate: £9.00 per hour + overtime rate for over 39 hours
Working Hours: Monday to Thursday – 5:45am to 2:30pm, Friday 6am to 12pm
Reporting To: Hatchery Manager
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop a career within the poultry industry, then we have a very exciting opportunity for you to work in our modern hatchery, following considerable investment. Following a successful probation period you will be given the opportunity to embark on a development programme to gain a recognised qualification providing you with the skills to progress within the Company. To support this we can also provide English lessons free of charge as part of your development. We have a dedicated training team in place to ensure you receive the best training that we can offer.
There are many benefits to working for Gressingham, including a workplace pension, staff shop (where you can purchase products at a reduced cost), as well as an annual bonus scheme.
- To assist in all aspects of hatchery work, ensuring eggs hatched produce the highest quality ducks.
- To maintain a clean and hygienic work environment.
- Maintain hygiene and all bio-security systems.
- Produce all records required relating to tasks you are involved with in order to provide accurate, up-to-date information.
- To assist in all aspects of hatchery work from egg production to delivery of day-old ducks, ensuring the hatchery operates efficiently and safely.
- To monitor the health and safety equipment for your use, reporting any requirements to the manager.
- Liaise regularly with Line Manager and communicate with site staff and colleagues as appropriate to ensure the consistent flow of information.
- Maintain all aspects of company policy on site (as per the Company Handbook).
- Responsible for maintaining the health and welfare of the ducks and eggs in your care.
- To communicate with staff in a positive, professional manner, ensuring they are motivated, informed and working as efficiently as possible.
- To carry out any other tasks relating to poultry farming as the company may reasonably require.
We want you to be safe and for that reason no horseplay will be tolerated and we expect you to act sensibly at all times to ensure accidents do not occur. It is very important that we protect the health, safety and well-being of all staff on site.
We need you to use the correct tools required for your position, ensuring that any faulty equipment including your PPE is replaced if necessary and cleaned at the end of each day.
We want you to approach any training in a positive manner, and get involved in any opportunities. To actively support health and safety, reporting any issues identified, however small, and ensure any rubbish is disposed of in the correct manner.
And, we want you to have a positive experience working in Gressingham and make the most of the opportunities that we have on offer.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the role please email your cv to email@example.com or contact HR on 01473 734230
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.