Hatchery Operative – Tuddenham, Ipswich
JOB TITLE: Hatchery Operative
REPORTING TO: Hatchery Manager
REPORTING TO JOB HOLDER: None
OVERALL AIM OF THE JOB: To assist in all aspects of running the hatchery smoothly and efficiently
KEY TASKS WITHIN THE JOB:
- To assist in all aspects of hatchery work.
- To maintain a clean and hygienic work environment.
- Maintain hygiene and all bio-security systems.
- Produce all records required relating to tasks you are involved with in order to provide accurate, up-to-date information.
- To assist in all aspects of hatchery work from egg production to delivery of day-old ducks, ensuring the hatchery operates efficiently and safely.
- To monitor the health and safety equipment for your use, reporting and requirements to the manager.
- Liaise regularly with Line Manager and communicate with site staff and colleagues as appropriate to ensure the consistent flow of information.
- Maintain all aspects of company policy on site (as per the Company Handbook).
- Responsible for maintaining the health and welfare of the ducks and eggs in your care.
- To communicate with staff in a positive, professional manner, ensuring they are motivated, informed and working as efficiently as possible.
- To carry out any other tasks relating to poultry farming as the company may reasonably require.
Job Type: Day shift
Hours: 39H per week + Overtime when available
Monday to Thursday – 6am to 2:30pm
Friday 6am to 1pm
CURRENT BASIC RATE: £8.75p per hour
HOW TO APPLY
Please send you application form or CV to HR firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.