FULL TIME BREEDER SITE FARM WORKER – Akenham (Ipswich Area)
JOB TITLE: Breeder Site Farm worker
REPORTING TO: Site manager
OVERALL AIM OF THE JOB: To produce eggs of the best quality as efficiently as possible.
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop a career within the poultry industry, then we have a very exciting opportunity for you to work at one of our breeder sites.
There are many benefits to working for Gressingham, including a workplace pension, staff shop (where you can purchase products at a reduced cost), as well as an annual bonus scheme. Following a successful probation period you will be given the opportunity to embark on a development programme to gain a recognised qualification providing you with the skills to progress within the Company. To support this we can also provide English lessons free of charge as part of your development. We have a dedicated training team in place to ensure you receive the best training that we can offer.
KEY TASKS WITHIN THE JOB:
• To maintain and improve the high a welfare standards as possible.
• To assist with achieving target levels of egg production and fertility, as efficiently as possible.
• To work to a high health and safety standard.
• Produce all records required in order to provide accurate, up-to-date information.
• Monitor and report any required repairs to buildings and machinery to the appropriate people, ensuring the site operates efficiently and safely.
• Liaise regularly with Line Manager, and communicate with site staff and colleagues as appropriate, regarding successes and problems to ensure the consistent flow of information.
• Carry out evening checks of the site, when required
. To maintain and improve where possible the health & hygiene standards.
• Monitor stock control of farm supplies and report any shortage of supplies to the site manager.
• Maintain all aspects of company policy on site (as per the Company Handbook)
• Responsible for maintaining the health and welfare of the ducks on site.
• To work with staff in a positive, professional manner, ensuring they are motivated, informed and working as efficiently as possible.
• To carry out any other tasks relating to poultry farming as the company may reasonably require.
Job Type: Day shift
Hours: 39H per week + Alternate weekends
Monday to Thursday – 8 hours, Friday 7 hours
CURRENT BASIC RATE: £9.00 per hour for first 39 hours. Overtime paid for over 39 hours and at weekends.
To apply for the role please email your cv to email@example.com or contact HR on 01473 734230
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.