Gressingham Foods Ltd is seeking an Environment Manager to be responsible for overseeing the environmental performance of the group to ensure compliance, sustainability and continual improvement.
Reporting To:- Group Senior Risk Advisor
- Meet all reporting deadlines for Environmental permitting, abstraction licensing, pollution inventory and any other statutory reporting.
- Manage all Environment Agency site inspections and respond to any outcomes.
- Maintain the two MCERT’s for flow certifications through audit hosting and maintenance of the documented EMS.
- Oversee efficient waste water treatment operations. Consistently meet discharge consent limits while optimising performance.
- Host liaison meeting with local groups as appropriate.
- Plan and manage new legislation in a timely manner.
- Align the environmental aspects and impacts with the overall business strategy.
- Work towards achieving ISO14001.
- Devise strategies to meet targets and to encourage best practice
- Act as a champion for environmental issues within Gressingham
- Provide environmental training to staff at all levels
- Attention to detail
- Engage and work with regulators and stakeholders.
- Able to prioritise and manage work load.
- Effective report writing.
- Detailed knowledge of Environmental legislation.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of waste water treatment processes.
- Detailed knowledge of Environmental Management Systems and ability to tailor to the needs of the company.
- Strong Team Working Skills – It is expected that as part of the Group Senior Risk Advisor’s team you will support your Health & Safety colleagues when business need dictates.
- Ability to Multi-Task.
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.