Egg Collector / Farm Worker – Badwell Ash, Suffolk
Gressingham are looking for the following position to support their breeder farm site:-
Egg Collector/Farm Worker
Location: Badwell Ash
Reporting to: The site Manager
Hours: 39 hours per week with a 06:00am Start time.
Salary: £9.00 to £12.00 per hour
OVERALL AIM OF THE JOB: To collect, grade and pack eggs for incubation. Also to assist in the efficient running of the site and maintain safe working practices.
KEY TASKS WITHIN THE JOB:
- Following full training in your role you will:-
- Assist the team in maintaining the health and welfare of our ducks
- Monitor and report any required repairs to buildings and machinery to the appropriate people ensuring the site operates efficiently and safely
- Ensure all PPE is kept clean in good condition to ensure our colleagues are safe
- Work as a team to ensure all the eggs are collected safely
- Work with the team to achieve target number of settable eggs per female and fertility level
- To grade and stack all eggs as required by our hatchery
- Produce egg records required relating to the flocks in order to provide accurate up to date information
- Liaise regularly with line manager, and communicate with site staff and colleagues as appropriate, regarding successes and issues raised to ensure consistent flow of information
- Maintain all aspects of company policy on site (as per Company Handbook)
- To carry out any other tasks relating to poultry farming as the company may reasonably require
And, we want you to have a positive experience working in Gressingham and make the most of the opportunities that we have on offer, including our work related pension, reduced cost staff sales and training opportunities.
To apply for the role please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact HR on 01473 734230
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.