Egg Collector / Farm Worker – Badwell Ash, Suffolk
Reporting to: The site Manager.
OVERALL AIM OF THE JOB: To collect, grade and pack eggs for incubation. Also to assist in the efficient running of the site and maintain safe working practices.
KEY TASKS WITHIN THE JOB
- Responsible for the day to day collection of all the eggs.
- Assisting to achieve target number of settable eggs per female and fertility level.
- To grade and stack all eggs as required by the hatchery.
- Produce egg records required relating to the flocks in order to provide accurate up to date information.
- Monitor and report any required repairs to buildings and machinery to the appropriate people ensuring the site operates efficiently and safely.
- Liaise regularly with line manager, and communicate with site staff and colleagues as appropriate, regarding successes and problems to ensure consistent flow of information.
- Maintain all aspects of company policy on site (as per Company Handbook)
- To assist with maintaining the health and welfare of the ducks on site.
- To carry out any other tasks relating to poultry farming as the company may reasonably require.
Hours: 06:00am Start, 39h per week plus overtime + every other weekend
Salary: £8.75 per hour
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.