DISPATCH OPERATIVE, REDGRAVE, DISS
REPORTING TO: Dispatch Assistant Manager/s
OVERALL AIM OF THE JOB: To ensure all products are successfully and efficiently picked and dispatched on time. Working together with other dispatch staff in a constructive manner as safely and effectively as possible.
1. Liaise with Dispatch Management team regarding daily orders.
2. Ensure orders are picked accurately on time and are correctly documented.
3. Check products are correctly dated.
4. Check products are at correct temperature.
5. Check that quality of the products, to be dispatched, meet the required standard. Report any problems regarding quality of any product to Dispatch Assistant Manager.
6. Ensure all chill and cold stores are clean and tidy throughout the day.
7. Maintain all aspects of company policy (as per the Company Handbook).
8. To work with all staff and customers in a positive, professional manner.
9. Carry out daily inspections on Forklift, Powered Pallet truck & Pivot steer Trucks, in accordance with the latest regulations for loading and unloading deliveries.
10. Comply at all times with safe systems of work and working procedures, follow company Health & Safety policies.
11. Any other duties required connected with poultry processing.
Days: 9 hours per day Monday – Friday (times to be discussed)
Nights: 12.45 hours per day 4 days on 4 days off
6 days per week during the Company’s Christmas Production Period.
Salary: From £10.00 per hour (during probation period) + £50 Attendance bonus (based on attendance if full week is worked) + Overtime @1.333
From £10.45 per hour (after completion of probation/experienced) + £50 Attendance bonus (based on attendance if full week is worked) + Overtime @1.333
Requirements: Forklift and pallet truck licence required, but training can be given.
• Subsidised Staff Shop
• Subsidised Canteen Facility “Wild Duck Canteen”
• External counselling support available to all staff
• Christmas bonus
• All PPE provided
• Full company induction provided online or face to face (please note you will be paid for the training with your first payment).
• Free lunch on your first day
• Free Company transport from Ipswich, Great Yarmouth, and Thetford/Brandon (the last one just on PM shift at the moment).
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.