Full Time Breeder Site Farm worker – Cottage Farm
Cottage Farm (IP31 3JG)
JOB TITLE: Breeder Site Farm worker
REPORTING TO: Site manager
OVERALL AIM OF THE JOB: To produce eggs of the best quality as efficiently and ensure the welfare of our birds is of the highest standard
KEY TASKS WITHIN THE JOB:
Following on from a full induction programme and site training we need you to work as part of a team to:-
• maintain and improve the high a welfare standards as possible.
• assist with achieving target levels of egg production and fertility, as efficiently as possible.
• work to a high health and safety standard.
• produce all records required in order to provide accurate, up-to-date information.
• monitor and report any required repairs to buildings and machinery to the appropriate people, ensuring the site operates efficiently and safely.
• liaise regularly with Line Manager, and communicate with site staff and colleagues as appropriate, regarding successes and problems to ensure the consistent flow of information.
• carry out evening checks of the site, when required. to maintain and improve where possible the health & hygiene standards.
• monitor stock control of farm supplies and report any shortage of supplies to the site manager.
• maintain all aspects of company policy on site (as per the Company Handbook)
• be responsible for maintaining the health and welfare of the ducks on site.
• work with staff in a positive, professional manner, ensuring they are motivated, informed and working as efficiently as possible.
• carry out any other tasks relating to poultry farming as the company may reasonably require.
Job Type: Day shift
Hours: 39 hours per week + Alternate weekends (paid at overtime rate)
Monday to Thursday – 8 hours, Friday 7 hours
CURRENT BASIC RATE: £9.00 per hour
And, we want you to have a positive experience working in Gressingham and make the most of the opportunities that we have on offer such as the workplace pension, reduced cost staff sales, dedicated training department who can support in achieving recognised qualifications. We also offer English lessons to those that feel they would benefit.
To apply for the role please email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact HR on 01473 734230
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.