Assistant Breeder Farm Manager
Location Badwell Ash, Bury St Edmunds
Hours 39 hours per week + overtime
Reporting to Breeder Site Manager, to produce ducks of the best quality as efficiently as possible, whilst ensuring all staff adhere to H&S practices.
KEY TASKS WITHIN THE JOB:
Support the Breeder Site Manager in:
- the day-to-day running of the site.
- achieving target levels of production (mortalities, rejects, live weights, etc) as efficiently as possible.
- in carrying out a full vaccination programme of all the flocks in rear.
- monitoring and ordering feed as required, through the farms office.
- producing all records required relating to the site in order to provide accurate, up-to-date information.
- monitoring and reporting any required repairs to buildings and machinery to the appropriate people, ensuring the site operates efficiently and safely.
- identifying and delivering training required for any site staff.
- liaising regularly with Breeder Site Manager, and communicate with site staff and colleagues as appropriate, regarding successes and problems to ensure the consistent flow of information.
- carrying out evening checks of the site, and be on call for the environmental alarm, when required.
- monitoring stock control of farm supplies, and raise purchase orders for supplies required, through the farms office.
- maintaining all aspects of company policy on site (as per the Company Handbook)
- ensuring responsiblility for maintaining the health and welfare of the ducks on site.
- managing staff in a positive, professional manner, ensuring they are motivated, informed and working as efficiently as possible.
- carrying out any other tasks relating to poultry farming as the company may reasonably require.
- to work alongside the Breeder Site Manager and the team to ensure all tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
Previous poultry experience is essential in this role.
Pay rate £9.23 dependent on experience.
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.