Best recipes for a Father’s Day BBQ
The best way to treat your Dad this Father’s Day is a BBQ (closely followed by breakfast in bed!)
With this in mind, we’ve gone into our treasure trove of duck recipes and picked out the 5 best ideas for your Fathers Day BBQ. So what are you waiting for? Crack open a beer, fire up the BBQ and get cooking!
(Note – we can’t guarantee sunshine, but we can guarantee great-tasting food and smiles all round.)
- Salt and Pepper Spatchcock Poussin on the BBQ: This recipe for yummy poussin in a simple salt and pepper marinade tastes great on the BBQ but if the weather has betrayed you, you can cook it indoors! Serve with salad or roasted summer veg.
- Beer Can Duck: This is a party pleaser; a whole duck roasted on a Beer Can on your BBQ. It’s easier than it looks and tastes great, too – you just need to empty out two-thirds of a 500ml can of beer, pierce a couple of holes in the top of the can, sit the duck on the can and BBQ for 2 hours.
- Barbecued Honey Gressingham Duck Breast: Quick, simple and delicious – this honey duck breast will be cooked and ready to go in 15 minutes. It can be gluten free, too – just swap the soy sauce in the recipe for tamari sauce.
- Sweet Chilli Marinade for Duck: This zingy marinade is easy to make and delicious on whole duck, legs or breasts – take your pick!
- Duck Burger with Plum and Chia Ketchup: This recipe is for oven-cooking, but you can just as easily prep your burgers and then cook them on the BBQ. They’re made with skinless duck breast, so they’re a great source of lean protein.
Sign up and get your free recipe booklet
Download your free recipe book to get access to a host of deliciously flavoured recipes and a world of global cuisine.